Monday, May 26, 2008

It's Memorial Day!



Well, I woke up early this morning to rain at our cabin in Midway which really was a bummer. For a moment I saw our plans of attending the Midway all you can eat Pancake Breakfast down the drain. By the time I dragged my husband and dog out of bed the rain had subsided and we were crossing our fingers that breakfast was still on.

Sure enough they had set up for breakfast inside the town hall and I definitely ate my $5.00 worth of pancakes! There were so many volunteers there it was very impressive. It helps that I was the first person in line waiting for the first flapjacks to come off the grill at 7:05 am, I had been up since 5:30 with visions of syrup in my head.

Midway is only 20 minutes away from the Retreat at Jordanelle. The town is most famous for it's Labor Day Weekend celebration of "Swiss Days" which is not to be missed if you are around. For more information check out their website at www.midwayswissdays.com

At this point in my holiday weekend I am crossing my fingers for sunshine and hoping to see you at our sales center here at the Retreat!

No comments: